A Rant About the New Female Yankee Manager: Note That I'm Female

     A thirty-something female is now a manager of one of the Yankees minor league teams.  

    Yeah, you heard that correctly a female is now a manager.  Oh goody, jump up and down and do a freaking backflip.  I guess I'm supposed to celebrate a female in baseball.  Isn't this just dandy?  Aren't you excited- I'm sure baseball is going to be so much better right now.

    Yeah, right.

    I'm female and I hate this idea.  I am a lifelong baseball fan and I see this as the destruction of baseball as I know it.  I'm relieved that my dad didn't live to see this because baseball is a sport rich in history with its own sense of magic and I HOLD TO THE FACT THAT A FEMALE DOESN'T BELONG IN THE GAME.  What does she have to offer?   Seriously, what?  Quotes about 'breaking glass ceilings?'  Stats from a computer program?  Hey people, do you have any idea what this actually means, in reality?

    Think about it...

    A white, forty-something pitcher who retires and wants to go into managing is going to get shafted.  The hire of this woman will essentially close the door to any white guy WHO WAS IN BASEBALL that wants to manage.  Guess what people- a softball player DOESN'T BELONG IN BASEBALL.  I am so freaking sick and tired of this when I go to a game- I don't want to see a woman in the dugout.  I want baseball like it was and I see this a destruction of the game.  Go ahead baseball, keep hiring females as managers and coaches- keep sucking up to the Twitter audience.  Go ahead and when you do that- I hope the sport folds.  

    

Comments

Popular Posts