Do You Remember When Stuff was Fun?

     Do you remember fun?

    I do?

    Sure, I'm Gen-X but people, it wasn't really that long ago that stuff was fun.  By stuff I mean, sports, music, books and movies.  Self-righteousness has literally poured its way into society just for the sake of making a tweet that gets a lot of likes.  Just take a second and think about what I'm saying, at one time stuff was literally fun.  

    Take sports.  Every year, I would go to Steeler training camp in Latrobe, PA.  It was a fun part of summer.  I was able to get done with work and go down there to hangout, take photos and get autographs.  It was a great time but it's over.  They didn't return to Latrobe, I doubt they'll go back and now, they're in their training facility and practicing at the stadium.  Autographs are over.  Fun is gone.

    How about music?  People make fun of hair metal all of the time but damn all of those songs about sex, partying and lost loves are a lot better than the political bullshit that's going on now.  Sure, in the 1980s you had the political songs and albums (Queensryche's 'Operation: Mindcrime' comes to mind) but here's the thing- in the '80s heavy metal bands knew how to tell a story.  They didn't lecture the way that they do now.  

    Now, with that being said, let's talk about books.  Books have been completely ruined by the so-called tolerant left.  It's about racism, transgenders, gays, etc.  Characters are a sniveling mess and there are no plots.  Let's also mention the fact every other week there's a book about Trump coming out.  Gee, no wonder no one reads anymore.

     How about movies- when's the last time you watched one?  I swear the last time I saw one in the theater was 'Red Dawn.'  No movie seems to have a plot anymore except to lecture and whine.  Movies, basically, aren't fun anymore.  That's why I resorted to buying any movie I liked in the past.  It's not going to get any better and, while I like the movie guys on YouTube, they are mistaken if they think Hollywood will change anytime soon.

    That's why if you want fun back- you'll have to start forming your own branch of entertainment and I'm telling you what people, it needs to be done SOON and FAST.

Comments

Popular Posts