Let's Talk Baseball Particularly the Cleveland Indians

     I won't call them the 'Guardians.'  There is no chance and they'll always be called the Indians in my book.  In other words...

    Tradition is gone.

    Baseball is woke.

    And I hate that freaking net.  Again, I hate the net.  However, this is about the Indians and their unfortunate name change.  Why is it unfortunate?  Because tradition is gone- it's gone.  After 106 years- 106 years- THE NAME HAS TO BE CHANGED.  Why?  Hysteria.  The press is hysterical, the politicians and supposedly the Indians, as a whole.  Look, let me get this out of the way and I have no idea how many Native Americans were 'offended' by the name.  I've been to that stadium a couple of times and I never saw any protests.  However, I'm told by many in the media that they've been heartbroken by this name for years.

    Oooo-kay.  So, maybe they are.  Again, I admit it-maybe some are.  However, my question is- don't they have other concerns?  Aren't they worried about healthcare or schooling- oh wait- changing the name of the Cleveland Indians will solve everything.

    Please...

    I blame the overall weakness of Generation-X for all of this wokeness.  My generation knew better that this and thanks to the fact that Generation-X only cares about being popular and cell phones tradition is gone.  However, in my book they will always be-

    The Cleveland Indians.

Comments

Popular Posts