Critical Race Theory: An Excuse For a Dumbed-Down Curriculum

     I've heard too many excuses and too much whining about how wonderful critical race theory is.  Before we go any further, let me go back in time for a second, as a Gen-Xer here are some of the things that I remember learning in elementary and high school.  (Let's note this was a good small-town America school.)  I learned:

    Geography.  For example, I remember doing a map that had to identify every county in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.  Pennsylvania, of course, since it's my home state, was emphasized.  I also learned about world geography, including the names of of a lot of African countries that had changed their names over the years.  

    I learned about civics which includes local, state and federal governments.  Believe it or not, I remember taking a test about how lawmakers made a law.  

    I learned about the other school subjects that every kid learned; English, creative writing, math, science, cursive writing (remember that?), art, music, etc.  Let's note I learned about research and how to write a research paper.

    Finally, I learned about history.  I learned world history.  I learned about the history of the USA, including the Civil Rights movement.  Yes, America, I learned about all of those things that those whining about critical race theory lovers keep repeating.  At one time, there was a standard curriculum that everybody learned and no one had a problem with it.  People were happy and accepting- critical race theory never came to anyone's a lips.  It was funny how happy people were then.

     If you want to sum this up, in politics school curriculum took has been dumbed down over the years and you can thank the Internet for that.  People don't read anymore and they're addicted to things like Twitter, Facebook and their cell phones.  Questions have been popping up for years about the quality of a kid's education, etc.  The education system is looking for an excuses for its own misgivings and here comes critical race theory.

    Critical race theory is an excuse.  It's also money maker.  Many, many people are getting rich off of this nonsense.  Keep that in mind the next time you retweet anything from one of these rotten politicians.

Comments

Popular Posts