Wildlife Organizations Are Talking About Equity More Than Wildlife

     One of my greatest pleasures has been giving to wildlife organizations.  Groups like Defenders of Wildlife, the National Wildlife Organization and more have done great work over the years.  Recently, I was catching up on my wildlife magazine reading and no matter what page I turned too there was that word...

    Equity.

    It's everywhere and my question is WHY IS THIS EVEN IN A WILDLIFE MAGAZINE? First, let's talk definition, equity is defined as being 'impartial and fair.'  Okay, no one is arguing this.  We're all Americans here and everyone should have a chance to have a good life and be treated fairly.  So, what's the game plan of wildlife organizations?  What are they doing here?  I never thought in a million years that anything in wildlife was segregated.  No matter what race you are the outdoors sis there for you to enjoy.  Who made this a racial issue?

    Oh I can give you an answer and I've talked about her before but I'm not even going to say her name.  She's a tired issue for now but maybe a somewhat repetitive piece is coming on her about how she's nothing but an online image who actually knows nothing.  I do cite her as part of the problem.  However, we're talking about wildlife groups.  I never questioned where my small donation was going but now I'm extremely concerned.  Are these groups ignoring places in favor of being 'diverse?'  Are qualified males who can give me information about a certain issue being pushed aside for the sake of 'equity?'  Why are articles now lectures instead of information?  Why are they more worried about agenda instead instead of real wildlife issues?

    A wildlife organization shouldn't be about partisan politics.  I'm not a republican but people I'll tell you what there are more republican environmentalists than democrats.  Wildlife groups shouldn't be worrying about diversity because the general public does not like being lectured time after time again.  These groups are demonizing those who are now 'unpopular' in society for the sake of being 'equitable.'  Qualifications don't matter anymore- information doesn't matter, only equity and more money which again has me alarmed about where my money is actually going.

Comments

Popular Posts