So, You Hate the New Star Wars, Huh? OMIGOD THAT MEANS YOU'VE BEEN RADICALIZED!

 

      There are many, many things that today that tick me off and that includes the culture war.  I’m a Gen-X female and I grew-up with Star Wars and I loved the original big three.  How could you not?  The storylines were great, and it was just a fun trilogy.  Later, like many, I watched the prequels, and enjoyed them.  I had no problem with them.  Sure, the storylines were weak, and I thought they were years too late, but they didn’t ruin the originals that was the most important thing.

          And then Rey and the new Star Wars roared onto the scene.  Let me put it to you this way, when it first came out, I wanted to like the first movie in the new trilogy, but I realized that three of my favorite movies from childhood were now deemed insignificant.  That disgusted me and the fact that I couldn’t find real commentary on how Disney screwed it up in the mainstream but then I found the real critics on YouTube.

          The travesty of Disney’s Star Wars bought to light many interesting people on YouTube that had a lot to say about the movies.  From people like Nerdrotic, The Critical Drinker, Doomcock, Geeks and Gamers, The Quartering and more I found great insight, entertainment and a lot of other people who’ve were just as disgusted with the new Star Wars as much as me.  I remember thinking that this is what journalism is- right here- honest takes and bringing an audience together.  Many times, these guys have entertained me and during the lockdown especially I’ve appreciated it.

          And now, apparently, a lot of them have been slammed by a whiney hit piece that comes extremely close to being libelous.

          Look, these guys don’t need me to fight for them, they have large platforms and they’re all fighters.  What’s good about that is they’re not intimidated or backing down from original points of view.  They’re angry and they have every right to be that way.  Why?  Well, consider this…

          When you turn a group of people into villains for expressing disgust towards movies that drive a political agenda, you put America in a horrible place that is pushing it towards permanent darkness.  To take away a person’s First Amendment right, to express what he or she thinks about a movie (which is a form of entertainment) that isn’t democracy that’s tyranny. 

The cowards who wrote the that hit piece on them (and I won’t post it because they don’t need publicity) are just that, cowards.  Anyone that writes a hit piece on people they don’t know just because they don’t like how the world of entertainment is going are nothing but weak-minded people who are doing the agenda of people who are laughing at them behind their backs.  Those who attack people who believe in the First Amendment not only need to crack the books, but they also need to wake-up.  Robot opinions with buzzwords isn’t what America is all about, free thinking is.  Those who write hit-pieces trying to silence those with a valid right to speak need to do some soul searching and while, they’re doing it- they should read the Constitution. 

Oh wait!  How silly of me that’d be too difficult They wouldn’t look at it unless it was tweeted by a member of the ‘Squad.’  The morale of the story is this- fight for those who are free thinkers, they are the best part of America.  They let are the ones that give you hope that maybe we can all emerge from the culture war darkness.

 

 

 

                                                                               

Comments

Popular Posts