An Honest Take On the Woke Super Bowl

 

          Let’s be blunt.

          The Super Bowl stunk.  It stunk.  The game was awful, and the Super Bowl was woke.  It was woke and it made me sick.

          This must stop.  The politics in sports must stop now.  Sports is supposed to bring out the best part of all of us because it embraces all of us.  Now, it has decided that longtime fans, like me don’t matter.  They don’t matter.  Twitter fans matter and trends matter.  Politics and sports do not mix.  The NFL’s embracement of wokeness and obsession with pleasing a lot of rich people on Twitter is destroying anything fun with the game.  They preach about unity and yet they cannot wait to separate national anthems, now the blacks have one.  How about Biden popping up on the big screen whining about social distancing.  Tom Brady doesn’t wear a mask and people are hysterical. These sentences describe an evening that was incredibly dull.

          I don’t understand how in the hell this happened.  Why is the NFL worried about people who really want nothing to do with the game?  What happened to caring about the fans?  Listen, I don’t want to hear a poem during the coin toss. I don’t want celebrities waving their fingers at me during commercials considering they wouldn’t let you anywhere near them if you ran into them in the street.  I don’t want to hear about masks from Joe Biden and I don’t even want to see Jill Biden.  Give me a break.  Give me the fun back in sports.  No more woke- play the game.

          Seriously, I don’t know how this can stop.  I do not know how you get people to wake up and realize that making everything about politics ISN’T THE WAY TO BRING ABOUT UNITY.  I go back to my original point that I’ve said for close to five years:

          Someone is literally going to have to tell the Squad to KNOCK IT OFF.  The white men who work hard, who take care of their families, who try to get along with people need to take a stand and say ENOUGH OF THE DEMONIZATION.  Stop supporting celebrities who are woke.  Don’t see the movies- turn off the games and just hit them in the pocketbook.  The United States needs to stop thinking the world revolves around Twitter.  People who are disgusted with the woke need to start making themselves more vocal. 

          My god if you’re going to be called a racist anyway- what in the hell do you have to lose?

Comments

Popular Posts