Thoughts On India

 

       Understand something, I respect people’s religion.  If you are a Catholic, Muslim or Hindu, that is fine.  Just respect my religion and do not shove yours down my throat.  Now, something interesting happened today, I found out it was the Hindu Festival of Light.  Okay, why is that important?

          Number one, I never heard of it before.  Secondly, it was astounding how many people embraced it or tried to act like they knew about it.  Please.  A lot of people were like me and never heard of it before but what was really amusing was Joe Biden’s tweet about it.

          Now, let’s make this clear.  I hope anyone who celebrated this festival, had a great day.  But I find it extremely amusing that American politicians who seem intent on restricting people’s access to church are falling all over themselves to honor holidays that people never knew existed.  I find it odd.  So, what is my point?  These greetings are a light on the country of India.

          The incoming Biden administration, due to Kamala Harris, seems to have some kind of fascination with the country of India.  Sure, it is a historical time that a female is now vice-president, but I am indeed alarmed with the fact that anything having to do with India.  While many are gushing over Kamala, let me remind you about three things that are happening or have happened in India regarding the environment.

          India is a country full of pollution.  It is so bad that many of the Asian vultures are now ‘critically endangered.’  India is a country that is amazingly cruel to Fishing Cats.  Not only do they destroy their homes, but people will also gladly skin one alive with no second thought.  Let me also remind a lot of you that many people in a village in India, ganged up on a Bengal Tiger, last year, and beat her to death.  So, what is the correlation between a Hindu holiday and animal cruelty?

          I do not want to hear any gushy words about a holiday from people that are cruel to animals.  I’m sure there are many Hindus that want clean air and appreciate the big cats in the wild but I find India overrated and I’m really getting concerned that the new administration will get us more involved with this country but we shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts