Give Ricky a Golden Globe

Ah Ricky-hahahaha that was funny.

I just heard about Ricky's Golden Globe monologue and it gave me a chuckle.  The man hit it out of the ballpark and THANK YOU for recognizing that people want escapism not lectures.  Thank you for getting the point across to a lot of vain, out-of-touch actors and thank you for just speaking up.  It's about time someone does it but I'll admit it- I like Tom Hanks.  I would've gotten a bigger kick out of him going after someone like that big-mouthed Patricia Arquette.

The best thing out of his mouth though was "Hollywood knows nothing of the real world."  Oh how right he is on this comment.  Being 'woke' doesn't put you in touch.  An actress turning 'social justice warrior' doesn't make her the speaker of all women. Saying your 'woke' doesn't make you automatically compassionate towards people either- it's just patting yourself on the back.  So, thanks Ricky for getting the message out and well- I doubt you'll host another awards show but...

I'm glad you made this memorable!

Comments

Popular Posts