Australian Fires

I grieve for Australia and I'm sure you do too.  I would not wish fires on anyone at anytime.  That is a horrible event and the whole situation is just so damned sad!

The big question- what now?  We can also ask- what can we do?  I don't know about you and I'm sure there are firemen there from other countries- but I'd love to see an organized, worldwide fire department.  Hell, I'd be thrilled if the USA sent their army over to help but you and I know that will never happen.  It's sad but it's reality.  Trump doesn't even care if states in America burn, so you can't count on him for anything.

Damn, I hope that guy gets voted out of office but I digress.

Naturally, when it comes to fires the biggest tragedy is the loss of life but the idea that a lot of animals and plants burned is really heartbreaking. As of right now, Koala Bears might be extinct in the wild.  That really stinks which brings about another issue.  Why is it that certified zoos can't get in there and do some kind of rescue?  Why?  Climate change and industry are virtually destroying natural environments throughout the world- why can't the animals be saved?

Give me a good reason why this is a bad idea.  Seriously- I'd rather see them in a zoo than burned to death.  How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts