A Commentary About AOC's Puppy

Yeah, we'll get back to saving the earth but here's a commentary about AOC:


          As, many of you know I’m not a fan of AOC.  Yeah, I’m a democrat, I’m far from a moderate and think on the lines of Ralph Nader.  Note, I happen to think she’s a fraud and would sell-out whoever to get ahead.  Contrary to what she says, she is establishment.  She will be in politics for the rest of her life.  I don’t begrudge this because that’s the way the system is but what I do resent is the fact that none of them (in Washington) have term limits.  The term limit issue is another story for another time. 

          So, what’s my point?

          It was revealed, yesterday, that she got a new puppy.  Did you ever notice than when a complex issue comes up that her team always comes out with some sort of ‘fluff’ issue?  First, it was the community garden and now a puppy.  Understand something, good for her for getting an animal.  Pets are wonderful and the world would be a lot happier if we all had one but…

          She purchased a French bulldog puppy.

          She’s from New York City.

          Her city has one of the cruelest shelters in the country.  I’ve been hearing horror stories about that shelter for years.

          Stop and think about it for a second.  New York City is the city of Wall Street, actors, writers, etc.  It also has a lot of empty buildings.  Why there is not a no-kill shelter in Manhattan is beyond me.  Yeah, yeah, I know, you’ll throw out the argument it won’t work.  However, I think it could if some kind of effort was thrown into it but that is another argument for another day.  Let’s get back to the shelter’s operations, as a whole…

          People, and they do this in every city, are abandoning their dogs and cats at a record pace.  The NYC shelter receives attention because of its size.  Cats and dogs are put down almost immediately.  Let me wrap this up with this point:

          If I’m a promising congresswoman from New York railing against the system, I would proudly save an elderly dog or cat from the city shelter.  When you do that, you encourage more people to adopt.  In this country, you have the right to get any dog or cat you choose, but spending a lot of money on a dog makes any argument you make about helping the working class mute.  It makes your overall platform a joke.  Forget PETA’s whining on this, they’re missing the point, shelter animals need homes and AOC turned her back on them in order to show-off.  Her railing against the system is a joke and her platform is officially laughable.

          Remember, as you finish this, a lot of cats and dogs will be put down in New York City today.  Some advocate you are, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez.

Comments

Popular Posts