The Tragedy of Disney's Star Wars

Obviously, it's the Christmas season and I had some time off a couple of days ago and I decided to watch the original Star Wars trilogy and omigod- I swear tears came to my eyes.

Disney's Star Wars should've never happened.

This franchise should've never ended this way.

Okay, let me state this, after The Force Awakens I washed my hands of this franchise.  My god, Han Solo a deadbeat dad? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  He abandons Leia and his son in the Force Awakens yet this is the same character who could've taken off in the Empire Strikes Back to pay the bounty hunter yet makes sure Leia escapes the rebel base before Vader gets to her.  This is also the same character who could've easily walked away in Return of the Jedi, yet he commits to the rebel troops and is named a general.  You have to be kidding me...

Speaking of Kylo Ren how did such an ugly guy become the offspring of Han Solo?  Yeah, Leia didn't age well but she was nice looking (at one time) and Han Solo literally put the c in the word cute.  Kylo Ren (aka. Ben) has a face that makes you go 'what the______?'

I didn't see The Last Jedi and thank God I didn't.  The fact that they turned Luke Skywalker, a character that I grew-up with, into a whiney coward is just sickening.  As for Rey, give me a freaking break- why? WHY A FEMALE?  I'm female and there's no way a female should've even been a Jedi.  The fact that she can do everything literally makes me gag.

As for this new movie, dear God, I don't even have to see it to know they made Rey a goddess.  Where in THE HELL IS THE STORY DEVELOPMENT?  Where are basic human flaws?  This character was a yawn, so perfect that she was stupid.  Let me state that the fact that Rey was trained by Leia is a complete joke.  Leia is the same person who NEVER SAW THE VISION OF HER FATHER, BEN AND YODA at the end of Return of the Jedi.  She didn't stand by Luke when he cremated their father's body and she NEVER HELD A LIGHT SABER!!!  For god's sake people she was never a Jedi Knight- she was a PRINCESS.  For crying out loud- she never had power to begin with!

Finally, LGBTQ politics don't belong in a Star Wars movie.  Okay, people don't go to a Star Wars movie to see two women kiss.

The original Star Wars trilogy was something special and it didn't deserve to go out on the wave of identity politics.  F____ off Disney.  F_____ you for ruining a great part of my childhood.  

Comments

Popular Posts