The Rise of Skywalker

It's out and I'm not watching it.

There are reviews EVERYWHERE about it on YouTube- from Geeks and Gamers, to Mr. H, to the Critical Drinker, to Nerdrotic they're everywhere with the witty discussion and the ranting and raving how horrible the movie is.  Apparently the leaks about this movie were correct and it just sounds really, really bad.  So, why am I so disgusted with Star Wars?

Well, I didn't like the Force Awakens but I did love the original trilogy.  Tonight I'm going to chill and watch the original movie.  There are so many angles that I could go into about this movie but what in the world is the point?  If you read the leaks, you know exactly what the film's about and the fact that two women kiss in it makes it worthwhile for those social justice warriors.

Here's the one thing to remember about The Rise of Skywalker, it completely punched Generation-X right in the face.  Generation-X grew-up with Star Wars, dreamt about it, made up their own stories about it and people loved it.  Girls fantasized about Han Solo.  Boys wanted to be Han Solo or even Luke.  This was a franchise for us- our movies and for some odd reason they created a Mary Sue (Rey), threw in identity politics and plenty of women to completely smack our generation in the face.  All of us should be steamed about this and all of us should be boycotting this movie.  Unfortunately though, many of my generation have just shrugged our shoulders and moved on.

Ah well.  I'll be watching the original tonight and hopefully some of you will join me and do the same!

Comments

Popular Posts