Cartoons

I'm Generation-X and I love cartoons.  Yeah people, I admit it.  I love cartoons.  They're a great way to relax.  That's why I was very interested when I saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/gallery/the-25-greatest-animated-shows-of-all-time-ranked/ss-BBY362l?ocid=spartanntp#image=26

Okay, I admit it I never heard some of them and that's fine but there are 2 points here.  First, the Flinststones isn't even in the Top 5 and the second, LOONEY TUNES ISN'T EVEN ON THIS LIST.  Are you freaking kidding me?  How can you write and article about cartoons and not even put Looney Tunes on this list?  How?  How can you talk cartoons and not even mention Bugs Bunny?

It's a mystery.  

Oh, I can take a guess why this is happening.  Bugs Bunny was the prelude to being 'woke.'  First it was the so-called 'violence,' uh-huh yeah.  Secondly, they came after Speedy Gonzalez.  It's really funny how Speedy was fine when I was a kid then all of a sudden he became 'offensive.' My god, can't some of you people relax?  Moving along- then we have this notion about racism because of several black face incidents (in cartoons from over 50 years ago)- Civil War themes, etc.  Thanks to all of this, Bugs Bunny (despite being still on tv regularly) has been minimized and it's creativity is now extremely unappreciated.  

It's amazing though- I don't remember all of these school shootings when people my age were growing-up watching Bugs Bunny but this is a completely different argument for another time.  It's despicable though how a lot of old-time cartoons have literally been forgotten about by so-called 'journalists' in order to promote overrated, computer generated cartoons that have literally turned something fun into a yawnfest.

Comments

Popular Posts