Did You Notice...?

Did you ever notice how bad overall writing has gotten?

Sure you have-LOL- I'm sure a lot of you think I write like hell but I am but a humble blogger.  I am talking about magazine writers, so-called online newspaper writers, all of them- did you notice how bad everything seems to be written?

I sense head scratching.

Okay, let me tell you exactly what I mean.  The idea of editing has vanished, the word 'objectivity' has disappeared and suddenly swear words or slang is popular.  Recently, I saw an article with the phrase 'effed-up' in it.  Effed-up... Are we getting that slack that we have to resort to phrases like that.

Give me a break.

And don't even get me started on headline writing.  The trend anymore is 'the Internet explodes' or 'the Internet rages.'  You know technology is a great thing- a fabulous thing and we're lucky to have it but my god it's made a lot of so-called reporters lazy.  I especially don't like the so-called Twitter articles where it has nothing but screenshots.

No wonder people aren't reading anymore.

Finally, I notice one interesting thing that really caught my attention about the state of so-called journalism and relates to the word 'objectivity.'  It seems like no matter who it is from Meghan Markle to my favorite AOC, whoever writing the article wants to be their buddy and my oh my- there is nothing worse than someone being slammed down your throat.

Oh wait, that's right- some of you don't follow that philosophy (of slamming a person down another's throat) do you?  But I digress...

Comments

Popular Posts