Politics and the Chosen People

Do you know what I don't get?

I don't get this idea that you're out of the club if you don't agree with every single thing Bernie, AOC and any other progressive says.  What is it?  Do I tell you what you don't want to hear?  Probably but I can live with that I do love gloating.  I can pat myself on the back as much as the next person when it comes down to screaming, 'SEE I TOLD YOU SHE WAS LIKE THAT ALL ALONG!'

But I digress...

Venting is done- for right now.

As a democrat, let me tell you how I saw 2018's political season, I saw it as a year of release.  Finally, at least a democratic House would be there to look over Trump's soldier and to question every single policy decision out of this guy's mouth.  As a democrat, you hoped for an idea of unification and a way for this party to snap it's way out of the Hillary Clinton funk that it's been in since 2015.  However, this is what we get instead-

The democratic party has gotten it's finger out and it's pointing to those they want on 'their' team.  They don't want to hear your questions.  It's their way or the highway.  They live in fear of Twitter because- OH MY GOD- Twitter rules the world.  They let first time representatives get away with a lot because they can either scream 'sexism,' 'discrimination,' or they can make a hashtag sending a  lot of bored people who spend too much time in front of computer screens into a frenzy. And BEFORE ANY OF YOU EVEN SAY IT- Yes, I agree in principle that America is blinded by Israel. Does that make me an anti-Semite? No- they have the right to exist as much as the Palestinians deserve to have their own homeland.  What I don't like is the governing over Twitter and the idea that if you don't like how she's going about her views- you either get called names or told 'well, we don't want you.'

The democratic party, in my eyes, used to be a party of free-thinkers.  It used to be an open party or a party that really wants to get stuff done.  Oh wait! Wait!!! *Smacks head*  How literally stupid of me- I've been told this 'exciting progressive Congress is always getting stuff done!  Of course they are- after all if you don't believe it then you can't be a democrat anymore.

This party literally sucks.  Does that mean I'll vote republican from now on?  Give me a break- what it means is that Rocky the cat for President is looking better and better for 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts