To Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: You're a Public Figure

First of all, let me say this, no one should have to face the wrath of any kind of threats.  It's absolutely scary how many people are in danger due to circumstances or because people are just so mentally disturbed that they think that making threats towards another person is a good idea.  With that being said-

Doxing is also a scary thing.  Everyone knows how much information is out there about each other  but it's still mind-blowing!!!  The fact that any enemy past or present can dig up so much personal information about you is startling. Moving on the topic of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and I'll try to keep it short.

Recently, she lit into the media for publishing information about her new address.  To be honest, I can see why she'd be mad-I'm sure if this was me I'd be mad as well.  However, the difference between her and me is this- I'd get over it.  She's a ranter and a me, me, me, me person!  She'll howl about this as long as her Huffington Post public relations team keeps her in the news.  Here's what it seems like this woman can't understand.

She's a representative in Congress and she is a lover of social media. She needs to get it through her head that the more that you put yourself out there you'll get criticized, analyzed and smart comments from really ignorant people.  I don't get this woman- she whines 24/7 and that's exactly what her Twitter account is a whine-fest and a backpatting fest, yet she expects everyone to fall to her knees treat her like a goddess, while keeping her privacy? Are you kidding me? Worried about privacy?  Do something aboout doxing.  Conservatives get harassed as much as liberals.  Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.  Take care of the people and quit worrying about yourself. You have the resources to protect yourself, many do not. You can restrain yourself on social media but you won't. Grow-up and put your money where your mouth is.

As for the photo situation, what can you say?  I wouldn't do it to a public figure unless they were I some sort of forum like speaking, doing a concert or a sporting event however, when you lecture people on how to behave- what do you expect?  You're always going to have a smart-ass following you around no matter what.  Ms. Cortez, I know you think you're a cut above everyone else but no matter how hard you try you're not going to dictate behavior, not matter how low class it is.  Instead of the constant whining, either grow-up or look up the definition of the word 'respect.'

Comments

Popular Posts