The Democratic Idea of Insulting Their Way to Power

Granted, as a member of Generation-X, I am not as politically inclined as most.  However, I, like many of you keep my eyes open and ears perked for information.  With that being said, let me get to the point-

In terms of the democratic party, I have never seen such a group of people more bigoted and racist that most of the members in Congress. Yes, democrats- I'm talking to most of you.  You're blatant mouth-watering wisecracks and insults put you right in the company of the republican party.  (Aw did you think I'd left them off the hook?)

The attitude of most democrats consistently hammers on the point again and again that Ralph Nader has been making since I've been in high school.  There are no different parties in this country- it's all majority rule with a sprinkle of social differences and good public relations people just to make you think that the democrats actually give a damn about what you the common man and woman think and believe.  Case in point...

There's a big problem with black people in this country voting and we all can list the reasons why- gerrymandering is the same excuse democrats use time and time again.  Of course, they're onto something.  However, let me say this, I don't believe that blacks and other minorities are as stupid as the democrats in Washington believe because they can see the obvious.  The democrats painting of every white person in this country as some kind of racist, Trump-loving, Jerry Falwell groupie is ridiculous.  Their methods of slamming anyone from a rural community as 'backwards,' 'uneducated,'
'easily susceptible to influence,' or simply always republican JUST ISN'T TRUE.  I firmly believe that minority voters see that attitude and figure, "hey why in the hell should I vote for them regularly? They'll just slam me like they do the white people."

What are you skeptical?

Don't be.  I think that argument has some merit.  It seems like in the last 15 or so years these attitudes have snowballed and a lot of it you can blame on Obama.  But a lot of these longtime democrats, including you Bernie Sanders, should actually know better than this.  It absolutely disgusts me that a bunch of old white men and WOMEN love to assume some rural community is racist because of demographics and not circumstance. It makes me roll my eyes when I hear Bernie starting to go down the same path.  Senator Sanders, please- step-up and don't go down this path of accusations, assumptions and downright ignorance.  Set an example.  Stop the political racist game down in Washington.

If you do that you might get everyone black and white interested in voting again on a consistent basis!

Comments

Popular Posts