Rock Music Ponderings

I am Generation-X and I haven't watched the Grammys in a long time.  However, when I heard that the rock music Grammy's were presented off the air I was like, "HUH???"

You know, personally, I was never into rap music.  I liked the hair metal and I admit it.  With all of that being said, let me express my absolute disbelief at society's attitude- specifically when it comes to entertainment.

First of all, rap never appealed to me except for a couple of songs here and there. Hold on! Am I even allowed to say this?  Would I be smacked with the- 'OMIGOD YOU'RE A RACIST,' label?  Yeah, probably but what the hell-

And believe it or not I'm going to try to make this short and sweet.t

I am fed-up with so many groups and sub-groups screaming about discrimination, when higher-ups bend over backwards to appease to political pressure.  Please- to the minorities in the music industry (and yeah Drake this is for you)- enough with the 'we're so deprived' b.s.  The rock Grammys were given OFF THE AIR- OFF THE AIR AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD it seems like that music and film bend over backwards to appease minorities anymore.  The Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame is a perfect example of this- oh yeah let's throw in the rap music but let's keep out groups like-

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Scorpions
Queensryche
and I could go on and on and on.

Look, if you want to like rap or any other kind of music that's great but keep POLITICS OUT OF ENTERTAINMENT.  Music is great because it makes you forget the problems of the world- not because Michelle Obama comes out and gives a speech.  Give me a break  Finally, don't ever- EVER- tell me THAT MINORITIES ARE SO DEPRIVED.  You gave the rock music awards- OFF THE SCREEN.  You don't want inclusiveness- you want exclusiveness.  So, please- enough with the GIRL POWER- enough with the oh poor me-boo-hoo I get Grammy snubbed because of who I am- enough with the politics and get back to the MOST IMPORTANT THING-

ENTERTAINING.

Comments

Popular Posts