America Is Sinking

You can take that title and do with it what you want but-

This is about something that may surprise you...

This country is sinking, literally, and there's a lot of evidence to support it by a lot of rain, landslides, etc.  Look, as a lot of you know already I'm concerned about climate change as much as anyone.  As a matter of fact, I'm on the Ralph Nader boat of calling it 'climate destruction.' Here's the difference between me and the current politicians in Washington-

I don't claim to be an expert.

Anything I learn about the environment is self-taught, which comes from a lot of reading, research (which includes looking at old photos and listening to others) along with observation.  Yes, America does need to do something in terms of renewable energy.  However, let me say that all of these grandiose plans of Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING unless you do one thing-

Rebuild the land.

As a lot of you know, this country has an infrastructure problem in terms of roads, airports, etc, etc.  There's a natural infrastructure that also needs attention- the need for more trees and the fact that thanks to a lot of mining in parts of the country- the ground is sinking.  Now, the need for more trees is talked about but not enough.  It seems to be one of those 'shrug it off' problems.  However, I notice no one seems to interested in the fact that a lot of problems are being caused by sinking land.

Just sayin'....

So, what's the answer?  Well, like I said- I don't claim to be an expert.  However, I think if Washington was truly serious about a 'Green New Deal' it would do two things.  First, it would have a program that cleans up every creek, swamp, lake, river, etc and then develop a program that funds states to let them have what is necessary to let the people fix their lands.  If you do that, you have reforestation.  More trees absorb carbon dioxide- then you have a start on fighting climate change.

I'll take more trees over Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's trains any day of the week and I'm guessing a lot of others will too.

Comments

Popular Posts