All Democrats (Including Progressives) Owe Generation-X and Apology

Do you know why I don't like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?  Oh sure- you're assuming that it's because I'm a rural, right wing Trump lover with MAGA plastered on my wall...

Ahahahhahahhahahaha…

Now, since I controlled myself- let me tell you why:

1. I don't like people slammed down my throat.

2. She, as the symbol of 'climate change,' is actually downright insulting and it makes me want to hit a wall.

3.  She's Hillary Clinton in a new package.

Ooooooh this should be good- let me combine all three.

Let's begin by saying this- as a member of Generation-X I remember a time when democrats, no matter if they were centrist or progressive, had absolutely no problem making money directly or indirectly from fossil fuels.  The only person- AND LET ME REPEAT THIS- the only person making noise about how bad the environment was getting was Ralph Nader but people and, in particular, politicians shrugged him off.  I give Ralph Nader all the credit in the world and god I hope he's writing a book titled, "See I told you so," because he deserves too- the one person I will not give any credit in the world for any movement on climate change is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  Why?  Well, consider this.

Again, and sure you had a few with a conscience in Washington, voting against bad environmental policy (like Bernie Sanders), but for the most part all of them were more focused on the following items when it came to Generation-X.

"Oh that rotten heavy metal music..."

"Oh those violent Bugs Bunny cartoons...'

"Oh those movies- oh those video games...'

And I could go on and on and on.  All of you in this age group can sit there and shake your heads all you want but you know deep down that I'm correct.  I don't UNDERSTAND THE FOG GENERATION-X IS IN.  None of them, as we were growing up, gave a damn about dumping into streams, building another power plant, or mining lands to death.  Sure, you'd hear a good sound byte every once in awhile but do you realize the absolute mess the lands are in now thanks to the hypocrisy of the politicians and the self-righteousness of people who claim they're so 'progressisve?

Okay if you don't know I'll give you an example...

Where I live pine trees are dying, the land is sinking, you don't see certain birds and wildlife anymore.  I'm sure, depending on your location, you can stop and think, "wait a minute I have seen a ______ in years..."  What does all of this mean?  Well, let me continue...

Millennials and Generation-Z are in a whine stage about climate change.  People like Ocasio-Cortez love to finger point.  They don't give a damn that many people in Generation-X have cancer, asthma, or some other medical condition due to this country's obsession with fossil fuels.  It's all about 'me, me, me,' with them.  None of the them acknowledge the damage- that many of these people have done with their lax attitude about the environment- including Bernie Sanders. YES AMERICA I SAID IT.  Bernie for all of his good points also shrugs off the damage that Washington did to Generation-X just to appease the Twitter generation.  So in the end consider this-

Democrats contributed to the poor health and the environment of Generation-X and for that they owe every single one of us an apology.  Argue this all you want but get off Twitter for about five minutes and just think about what I wrote here- you'll see that I'm write.  Note- probably tomorrow I'll tell you why Ocasio-Cortez is no better than Hillary Clinton.

Comments

Popular Posts