The Term Rising Star Sinks


          Forget the term ‘rising star.’

          See, that’s the problem with the democratic party.  They love that term ‘rising star.’  The media is also at fault here because they jump all over it and slam in down our throats 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK.

          And yeah people, I’m going use my favorite (heavy sarcasm), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, as an example. Trust me I don’t want too but if you knew anything about what I say or even tweet you know that I CAN’T STAND IT WHEN A PERSON IS SLAMMED DOWN MY THROAT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

          What I want though is for a lot of you TO WAKE-UP.

          Many of you are a lot smarter than this- get off Twitter and just THINK FOR A MINUTE.  Think of the term ‘rising star.’  Just think about it- what exactly do you have to do to become a star?  If a baseball player hits a lot of homeruns, they’re a star. They bring attention to the team.  If a linebacker gets a lot of sacks, there again you have the term ‘star.’  Their team might start winning more or even be on national tv more.  It’s all relative.  Look at the reality shows, some of the people on there are talented enough to carry the label stars and expand their careers.  If you’re in a band for a long period of time, you’re a rock star.  KISS would still be considered rock stars, a group like Winger wouldn’t because they were a flash on the MTV Headbanger Ball screen.

          Yeah, I’m showing my age.  Who in the hell cares though?  I’m a child of the ‘80s and proud of it.  Do you know what’s great about being a child from the ‘80s, it was a time when people REPORTED AND DIDN’T CALL EVERY OTHER PERSON WITH IDEAS ‘a star.’

          Listen, I’m going to try to make this brief.  It won’t be easy because I rant way too much and A LOT OF YOU don’t want to hear it.  A lot of you are enamored with Ms. Cortez because of her cute attitude on social media.  People, making hashtags, tweeting insults, slamming everyone who disagrees with you doesn’t make you a ‘star.’  It makes you a spoiled, little girl with a SILVER SPOON IN YOUR MOUTH.  This Trump attitude of my way or the highway doesn’t make you a star, it makes me a longtime democrat, heavily influenced by my late Ralph Nader thinking dad doesn’t make you a star, it makes me disgusted with the entire party.  Do you know why?  THERE ARE A LOT OF PROBLEMS OUT THERE and people are paying more attention to some woman, lucky enough to get elected to Congress because Joe Crowley was stupid enough not to attend a debate.  Like I said, the media eggs this on with descriptive terms of ‘rising star,’ give me a freaking break.

          People, I hate to be the one to tell you this.  Rising star Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn’t going to save all of you.  I know you want her too but she’s not.  She has her eyes set on just her ‘clique’ but doesn’t give a damn about anyone else.  ‘Rising star’ Cortez isn’t going to bring change.  People don’t like being told that their ideas are ‘stupid’, and they don’t like people who come up with big ideas and don’t have the answers. A ‘rising star’ in the democratic party would be working hard to bring change- she’d be talking to people from other states about climate change.  I know if I was her, I’d see what I could work on with someone like Conor Lamb.  I’d also get a hold of everyone who works for Central Park in NYC to figure out a plan of reforestation to fight climate change.  I’d knock it off with the interviews and the constant whining AGAIN AND AGAIN.

          Moral of the story- tweeting doesn’t make you a rising star.  Insulting everyone who disagrees with you doesn’t make you a rising star.  It makes you a female Donald Trump and if this is what politics will be in the USA then we’re all in big trouble.

          Wake-up people and get over yourselves and the ‘rising stars.’

         

(Note: Don’t worry a scathing Kamala Harris ‘rising star’ piece is coming soon.)

Comments

Popular Posts