The Rhino Rant


Earlier today, I saw that a kid was injured after he fell into a rhino enclosure in Florida.  When I saw that I felt like blowing my top.  As a matter of fact, let me rant right now.

          What in the HELL IS THE MATTER WITH SOME OF YOU SO-CALLED PARENTS?  You’re that careless that your kid falls into a rhino pit.  Are you kidding me?  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?  I am fed-up with people that don’t take care of their kids and then blame others for their own carelessness. 

          Do any of you realize how ugly this could’ve been?  Of course, all of you do and it was stupid for me to even ask the question.  The kid’s appearance in the enclosure could’ve freaked out all the rhinos, in turn causing the kid serious injuries and possibly leading to one of the rhino’s death.  Thank goodness none of this happened but my god do any of you think?

          People get away with too much, especially those who are careless with children.  What in the hell happened to responsibility in society?  It’s amazing to me that parents can take their kid to a zoo, let he/she do whatever they want and then blame the zoo.  Naturally, in the end said parent ends up walking away from the situation with settlement and no reprimand for their behavior.

          Do you know what my big problem is?  I don’t know how we fix this.  The word ‘responsibility’ doesn’t seem to exist with people anymore.  If a person does something bad it’s always someone else’s fault and the phrase ‘temper tantrum’ seems to have a whole new meaning anymore, especially with regards to careless parents. 

          Don’t get me wrong here- lawsuits are a good thing.  However, it seems like careless people are taking the credibility out of the term ‘lawsuit.’  I bring this up because it’s possible that the parents of this kid who fell in the enclosure will file a lawsuit.  I’d say it’s possible.  If that’s the case wouldn’t you love to see the person in charge of the zoo fight back?  Wouldn’t you love to see someone sue the careless parent?  I know I sure would.  Maybe that’s the only thing that can wake people up.  Something needs to happen because this cannot keep going on like this because people shouldn’t be monetarily rewarded for being careless.

Comments

Popular Posts