The Light Is Fading For Medicare For All

I want Medicare for All.

People NEED MEDICARE FOR ALL.

In the 1980s, my parents were talking abouut Medicare for All.  I remember Ralph Nader talking about Medicare for All- it's not a new idea.  There seems to be this thing out there that Medicare for All originated in 2016 but that's a lie.

As a member of Generation-X, I remember people always saying that; "We should have insurance like Canada."  But guess what?  I don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime.

I have NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED.  It seemed like that the democrats were on the right track but I think Bernie Sanders was rather naïve.  I know I was.  I think that Bernie Sanders thought he'd endorse Hillary, she'd be elected and Medicare for All would be her crowning achievement and that he would get pats on the back.  Obviously, with the election of Trump that didn't happen.  Now, what is the status of Medicare for All?

To tell you the truth, I have no idea.  It seemed like there was hope for it but as time drags on it seems like it's fading.  I think a lot of it has to do with delivery and who seems to be for it.  People are getting turned off of it due to the dislike of Ocasio-Cortez and other politicians who are supposedly for it.  It seems like a lot of mistrust is out there and the light seems to be really fading.  Let's also note- I really hope I'm wrong about this because we need Medicare for All now- TODAY!

Comments

Popular Posts