If I Had Just Been Elected to Congress-

If I found out that I was elected to the House...

I'd pass out from shock.

But after I woke up I would...

Well, the first thing I would do would yell, "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!'
Seriously, if I had just been elected, as a 'freshman' this is what I'd do.

1.  I'd listen.
That says it all doesn't it?  Even though, I'd go in there with my own beliefs and ways of doing things I'd listen.  There is a way to accomplish goals, it all depends though on what you want to learn which brings me to #2...

2.  I'd learn.
Even if I went there with governmental experience I'd start learning and I'd start learning fast.  Even if you deemed yourself knowledgeable about the workings of Congress you don't know as much as you think you do.

3.  I'd introduce myself to everyone and anyone.
Being a smart-ass on social media doesn't make you a star.  There's nothing like face-to-face contact.

Now, with these three things being said- is this that hard to understand?  Is this that hard to follow?
Hey, freshmen representatives, ARE YOU LISTENING?

I doubt if you are but damn you should take my advice.

Comments

Popular Posts