The Green New Deal Pat On the Head


          Plastic is all over the ocean! Are you politicians going to clean it?

          “Don’t worry,” *pat on the head, * “Green New Deal.”

          Are you democrats going to do anything about protecting public land?

          “Green New Deal,” *pat on the head*

          What are you democrats going to do about fracking now? How will you protect our water?

          “Green New Deal,” *pat on the head. *

          I’m sure a lot of you know where I’m going.  Sure, Bernie got us all excited about the prospect, of one day, having a Green New Deal.  Now, it seems like in 2 years that more should be explored about this.  However, we just hear talk, the waving of the fingers.  No one has any guts to call them out on the absolute destruction that Trump, and his buddies have done to the environment.  And as, I’ve tweeted many, many times, no one really seems that concerned aboout the fracking companies that just opened or are going to open.  Here’s the bottom line…

          There are a lot of people in this new House that are extremely arrogant.  Ms. Ocasio-Cortez comes to mind.  *Gasp* Yes people, I said it but here’s my problem with her in talking about a Green New Deal.  She, literally, talks about it temper-tantrum style and seems to give people this idea that she can make it happen immediately which is a joke.  I am ripping on her, mostly, because she is slammed down my throat 24/7 but she isn’t alone when it comes to piousness or pats on the head when you demand action on the environment.

          A lot of people are doing a lot of talk and a lot of tweeting.  While a lot of politicians are saying, ‘Green New Deal’ the fracking companies are laughing their asses off at all of us.  In the meantime, while a lot of people are making promises fracking companies are dumping in more creeks, cutting more trees and driving out any wildlife from forests.  While a lot of people wonder if their waterways are ever going to get cleaned up all you can get is somebody saying,

‘Green New Deal.’  As the pats on the head continue- power plants are shooting more poison into the air.  Of course, you can’t even get somebody to say ‘Green New Deal’ when it comes to the Endangered Species Act- do you really think a lot of these women, specifically from the city even give a damn if some wolf is shot?  I doubt it but that’s another blog for another day.

          I’ve had it with pats on the head.  I want regulations.  I want the Clean Water and Air Act to be enforced- I want SOMEBODY to stand up for the Endangered Species Act.  In the meantime, spare me with the pats on the head until you clean up this republican monstrosity.  After you do that, then talk to me about a Green New Deal.

Comments

Popular Posts