New York Politicians Don't Care About Shelter Animals


There are several obvious things:

1.      I am a Gen-Xer.

2.     I am a longtime democrat.

3.     I am an animal lover.

4.     New York City has let the cats and dogs down.



What’s my point?  I have heard about that New York City shelter for over 20 years.  To tell you the truth, I’m willing to bet it’s common knowledge throughout this country.  Let’s preface this by stating this, there are a lot of shelters out there that are rotten, but the New York City shelter just seems to stand out due to word of mouth and online postings like Twitter.  Here’s what I don’t understand about this situation…

New York City is the city of WALL STREETS.  It is the city of fame.  Actors, writers, cooks and many more famous celebrities live there.  Prominence rules the major parts of Manhattan.  Why in the world DOESN’T THIS CITY HAVE A NO-KILL OR AT LEAST A BETTER ORGANIZED SHELTER?

This is where the politicians come in and yes, politicians have let this city down in terms of animals whether it’s local, state or federal.  There seems to be a collective shrugging off the situation or the toss of the collective hair and these people skip along the way.  What exactly is the problem here?  And why isn’t anyone taking charge of a terrible problem?

Take the situation of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  Oh my God, you are rolling your eyes.  “Here she goes again,” is probably the thought going on.  But give me a second, let me state my case.

Ocasio-Cortez shot to fame immediately.  Now, why am I putting this on her?  It’s because of the fame.  Imagine if she would’ve used that fame to correct a city-wide problem.  If she started to make some noise, then guilt could’ve trickled down.  However, she seems to have tossed her hair and probably figures this isn’t her problem.  The thing with her is that she is being portrayed as the savior of the world.  How are you going to save the public when you can’t take care of a problem in your own city?

Again, you can say this about every state, federal and local politician in and around New York but if you are going to shove her down my collective throat all-day expect me to call her-out.  Politicians have let the shelter animals in New York City down…

And they have every right to be ticked off.

Comments

Popular Posts