I'm Not a Fan of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez


          So, I don’t like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez…

          Surprise- surprise- surprise-LOL…

          Tell me something you don’t already know, right?  If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I’m a little on the huffy side.  The question you might have is why- don’t I like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  Well, it’s simpler than what a lot of you may think.

          I don’t like it when people are shoved down my throat.

          Also, I don’t like her for the obvious reason…

          How in the hell did a 29-year-old female from the Bronx, privileged enough to go to a university in Boston, suddenly become the world-renowned expert on climate change?  Seriously, how?  She’s 29-years-old, she’s from the Bronx- again people SHE’S FROM THE BRONX.  How is it possible that suddenly (snap of the fingers) we turn to her for climate change solutions?

          First off, and I said this before, why society has disregarded Ralph Nader’s impact on environmental issues is a literal mystery to me.  I don’t need to get into his accomplishments-if you’re a progressive you already know that without a doubt Nader’s the man.  There are no ifs, ands and buts about it.  As for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez…

          *head is shaking…. *

          Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the perfect symbol of today’s society.  She tweets, she finger points and she makes climate change the fault of everyone except her generation.  People- we can get into this another day but how is it possible that everyone pre-millennial is responsible for the environmental troubles of the world yet millenials are just innocent victims of the big bad senior citizens, baby boomers and the mean people of Generation-X?

          Please…

          Everyone is responsible for the trouble the environment is in today.  If you want to get petty and I’m more than happy to get petty because it seems like some are, you could say that millenials were the ones who iced the cake when it came to climate change.  What is that supposed to mean?  Well, consider this…

          I’m Generation-X and my age group enjoyed going out.  I never heard anyone my age complain about going to a mall.  Suddenly you have online ordering and many, many more people ordering take-out.  Now, food deliveries often happen by foot or bike, but many times it happens by vehicle.  As for online ordering, you get it through the post office or some other delivery service.  What’s the point?  Online ordering and a lot of take-out put a lot more cars on the road which, in turn gives you more emissions.  So, enough with the ‘none of this is the millenials fault.’

          Moving right along…

          I think the main thing that bugs me about Representative Ocasio-Cortez is the fact of arrogance.  In all honesty, who in the hell does she think she is?  Seriously, who?  She goes on and on about a Green New Deal which sounds fantastic but is sparse on details.  She’s also very misleading.  A fracking company isn’t going to slam their doors shut because some new representative has a temper tantrum on Twitter.  When you ask what ‘are you going to do to protect us from fracking NOW?’ You get no answer…

          I don’t like people who don’t give answers.

          To tell you the truth, that’s what the problem with society today- the fact that you don’t get any answers.  With all this technology everything is a big secret and the ability to dance in circles is endless.  You will never convince me that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is god’s gift to the climate change problem and I will never- EVER stop questioning her and before you condemn me-

          You should be glad that I’m doing it.  If this woman can name a bird (other than the Mandarin Duck) that’s in Manhattan, I’d be shocked.  I doubt if she knows the secret of how great Central Park looks and why is it- why is it that if this woman is so concerned about climate change that she’s not meeting with her fellow representatives from Ohio and PA to figure out what to do about climate change?

          Well, does anyone know?

          Is anyone listening?

          Do you know what?  It’s okay if you’re not.  I’m still watching and guess what?  I’m not going anywhere- I’ll always be here to question the so-called moves of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

         

         

Comments

Popular Posts