Generation-X Needs Iron Maiden in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame

     Iron Maiden is a prominent, well-respected, FANTASTIC heavy metal band.  They still rock hard today and they will CONTINUE to sell out arenas giving their fans a fabulous gift of live, story-telling music which makes a fan smile at the very thought of them on stage.  When I was a kid (I'm Gen-X)- I remember my older brother blasting Judas Priest (Electric Eye)  and Iron Maiden (Hallowed Be Thy Name).  As a little kid, a song like Hallowed Be Thy Name pulled me in with the overall music.  One word about that- WOW.  Hearing these songs, put me on a path of being a lifelong heavy metal fan and I wasn't the only one.

    There's a myth in America that bands like hair metal and bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest never made an impact.  That fact alone is laughable and it makes me laugh harder that Generation-X particularly those in Middle America have let their music history get hijacked and labeled by the generations after them.  Generation-X will buy a ticket to an Iron Maiden show yet say publicly that they love rap music and Nirvana.  To put it bluntly, I've hated rap forever and Nirvana is overrated.  With that being said, it's strange that people in Generation-X have forgotten they partied to hair metal and that the 'bad boys' listened to the harder metal like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.  Personally, I don't know what happened to Generation-X's backbone but that's another story for another day and trust me people that book is coming even if I have to blog it.

    Today's the last day to vote for Iron Maiden to be inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.  Understand something, they don't need the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.  They are better than that institution what we, as Gen-Xers need, is for them to be in there.  Why?  Because we need acknowledged.  Our generation NEEDS CREDITED.  Realistically, I don't think they have a chance.  They're old, white guys and America hates old, white guys.  I would love to be wrong here- I WOULD LIVE TO BE WRONG.  Identity politics will keep them out and when that happens you will have the full castration of people known as Generation-X.

Comments

Popular Posts