Announcement: Will Smith Possesses the Privilege

     What Will Smith did was stupid.  You know it and I know it.  Now, in my book, Will Smith as an actor is okay.  He's nothing special- sort of funny in Men In Black but Tommy Lee Jones carried that more than anything.  Will Smith doesn't have a great range- he's no Denzel Washington and to tell you the truth, the fact that Will Smith has an Oscar and not Harrison Ford is a joke.

    But I digress...

    Oh wait!  I'm sure a lot of you think what Will Smith did was macho and he was just sticking-up for his woman.  Give me a break people.  He's 53-years-old, a public figure and knows better than this.  Get a spine asshole and tell your wife to grow-up.  Hey Will, your wife was the one that publicly shaved her head.  As a public figure, your every move is thrust into the limelight which makes it fodder for comedians.  With that being said- here's what I don't understand...

    I keep hearing all of this bullshit that comedians are just so 'mean-spirited' anymore.  WHAAAAAAT????   Mean???  Mean???  Who are you people kidding?  What I don't get is the idea of something bouncing off of someone.  And what was so wrong with Chris Rock's G.I. Jane joke?  I remember that G.I. Jane movie, it bombed at box office but the center of it was a tough lady and shouldn't Will's wife be complimented?  But then again- who knows what this person thinks?  Let's get to the bottom line here-

    If you condone Will Smith- you are stomping on comedy.  If you condone Will Smith, a lot of comedians are going to get hurt now because of this.  What if a white guy would've done this?  I'll tell you what- the white guy would've been arrested immediately.  Let me tell you something- I never want to hear the black community whine about privilege again because Will Smith just showed America who really has the privilege.

Comments

Popular Posts