Indifference to Amazon Not Unionizing In Alabama

 

      Guess what?  The Amazon in Alabama voted down a union.  Shocking?  Well, maybe a little.  The public relations push behind this was strong.  Tweet warrior Bernie Sanders sure wanted it but oh well it didn’t work.  How do I feel about it?  Well, here’s a surprise…

          I don’t care.

          That’s right.  I don’t care.  Note, I’m a democrat, I have no problem with unions, but I don’t care that the Alabama Amazon doesn’t have a union.  Does that make me a racist?  To some of you wokesters, probably.  I’ve been to Bessemer, believe it or not, and I know the demographics down there and, by rights, a union would be a good thing.  However, I am a former brick and mortar retail worker and here’s my question for all of you politicians who are in a tizzy about the union being voted down, where were you for the workers of Hills, Bon-Ton, Montgomery Ward, Ames, Murphy’s, Kmart and Sears?  To tell you the truth I could be here, as a Gen-Xer naming A LOT OF STORES that have went out of business since I was a teenager.  Where were all of you fools when it came to brick-and-mortar retail?

          Politicians like Bernie Sanders were in office when these stores started disappearing.  I don’t remember him being excited when Sears and Kmart were destroyed by Eddie Lampert.  I don’t remember him being on national tv raising concern that places like Hills and Montgomery Ward disappearing.  I don’t even remember him caring when Walmart slammed into small town America closing down a lot of stores destroying malls across America.  Hey Bernie, you always cared about the workers, didn’t store retail workers matter to you?

          Obviously not, politicians like Bernie Sanders and many other democrats are the reason Amazon exists.  I hate Amazon but what are you going to do?  Politicians like Bernie Sanders helped destroy American retail- they made Jeff Bezos what he is.  We’re stuck with Amazon and we’re stuck with politicians that do nothing but tweet.  Is this a defense of Amazon?  Of course, not but I’ll tell you what America asked for Bezos to take everything over, he did and now all of you are stuck with it.  Enjoy it and remember he’s laughing all the way to the bank.

          In the meantime, if you can- buy your stuff out of a store.  You’ll be a lot happier.

Comments

Popular Posts