Give Me a Reason to Give to Wildlife Charities

 

       Someone tells me that it’s okay to still give to a wildlife charity.  Please.  GIVE ME A GOOD REASON TO KEEP GIVING TO A WILDLIFE CHARITY.

          Why am I asking this?

          Wokeness that’s why.  It seems like various wildlife charities have gone woke.  I’m horrified, sickened and I’m really disgusted at the fact that the words equity are popping up on all of these websites.  People- equity?  Are you kidding me?  When it comes to wildlife, trees, parks- hell the outdoors in general aren’t we all fighting for the same thing?  Aren’t we interested in helping birds and endangered animals?  Equity?  You have to be kidding.

          Let’s be honest here.  There is an obsession in this country with turning the environment into a racial issue.  Politicians and the media scream discrimination when you hear about pollution, communities with cancer and parks in ruins.  According to the mainstream, it’s always the communities of color who suffer from so-called ‘environmental injustice.’  Nothing’s ever said about the small town’s epidemic of cancer thanks to Haliburton dumping garbage into the local creek.  It doesn’t matter because the small town is usually white.  Charities, politicians and the media are prioritizing those of color over whites when there should be no prioritizing.  All communities deserve equal attention when it comes to environmental justice but guess what?

          It’s never going to happen.

          I give to a couple of wildlife charities and now I’m wondering where the money’s going.  I was always assuming that maybe, just maybe any money I spent with regards to a particular charity would go towards saving birds or some body of water in the USA.  Is it going to particular neighborhoods now?  I know it’s not going to mine.  Is my money going to communities of color for environmental justice?  I really hope not.  Again, if someone helped my neighborhood, I’d feel differently but I’m an American too and my environment deserves to be protected. 

          Get race baiting out of environmental charities, please.  I don’t like seeing it and it doesn’t belong there.

Comments

Popular Posts