The Mileage Tax: A Wrong-Way Street

 

          Let me take a second and tell you about myself, I’m a freelance writer/photographer.  Lately, the writing has dried up because I’m not ‘woke’ enough, so photography is the key now.  I’m sure that you can assume, by this statement, that I use my car a lot.  Also, you can assume that I was unamused to hear about the mileage tax.

          Let me put it to you this way- Pete Buttigieg’s statements about a ‘mileage tax being used to pay for infrastructure made me want to punch a wall.

          So, let’s try to figure this out, the Biden administration, during the time of a pandemic wants you to ‘pay’ for infrastructure that small-town and rural America will probably never see.  The Biden administration is practically telling you that after a year of rioting and looting that you, the working man or woman, will pick-up the bill just because they have to use their car to survive.  The inner city was torn apart in terms of ‘racial justice’ yet people who don’t live there have to fix their streets and parks?  I’ve been told that I have white privilege- why should I worry about anything in a city?

          Look, if you want to get money for infrastructure- I have a great idea for you- cut the salaries of everyone in Congress.  Go ahead- a lot of them spend most of their time ‘building their brand’ anyway.  What’s the problem?  They’re the ones that are ‘woke’ and worry so much about the ‘oppressed class.’  Let them pay for the infrastructure out their own pockets.  Enough with robbing the little guy to pay for those who unappreciated it, abuse it and keep abusing us (rural and small-town America).  We don’t deserve this treatment and the people in Congress better wake-up to the fact that a mileage tax is a rotten idea.

Comments

Popular Posts