Keep Being Mad About COVID

 

          Let me reiterate several things.

          I will never get used to ‘masking up.’ I often forget the mask when I go out and really resent the hell out of the fact that I must wear one to do any of the few pleasurable things still open.

          I am really, really angry.  Piratefest is usually this month.  Piratefest is the Pittsburgh Pirates winter event and yeah- I know who cares?  They stink but it’s the principle of the thing.  I go every year and I like getting autographs.

          Secondly, I’m steamed about Groundhog Day.  From what I hear it’s all virtual this year.  Fuck virtual events.  I thought it was safe ‘being outside.’ Fuck you Fauci and fuck this COVID changing stories narrative.

          Third, I’m mad at the general principle of sporting events.  I don’t think I’ll ever see a ‘real’ spring training.  I’m pissed that I couldn’t go to a football game.  I’ve steamed that the same thing’s probably going to happen with baseball.  I doubt training camp (the Steelers) will be open and who in the hell knows what the fall will be like.

          Like I said, I’m ticked-off.

          Yeah, I know.  I’m boring and you’ve heard it before but here’s my point.  Stay mad.  Don’t get used to wearing a mask, don’t shrug off this idea of ‘social distancing.’  I think too many people are getting too used to it.  People- I’m begging you don’t let this COVID mentality rob you of your personality.         

Comments

Popular Posts