A Middle Finger to Biden's Climate Change Speech

 

          So, Joe Biden is going to reveal this wonderful climate agenda today.

          Oh boy, jump up and down.  Let’s celebrate.  Joe is going to save the environment.  Oh boy.  Jump up and down and do a backflip.

          Do you know what happened yesterday?  I got this email from the Audubon Society begging for money to go to court to help reinstate the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.  It’s a fact that Trump’s administration tore it apart.  It seemed like that with Biden’s election, everything would be okay, and things would be reinstated.  Oh, how wrong a lot of people were but I digress.  Let me explain to you what I wanted in terms of the environment.

          I wanted a policy that left the Arctic Wildlife Refuge alone.  I wanted policy that left federal lands-ALONE.  This government doesn’t need to drill on every piece of federally protected land for god’s sake.  Let’s note that I wanted a transition period from oil to wind/solar energy.  It’s a realistic, smoother way to go.  There is no way- NO POSSIBLE WAY that you can immediately fix a lot of environmental damage with one Executive Order and a lecture about ‘equity.’

          What exactly does that mean anyway?  How did the environment get to be about race?  Is it because of a spoiled, whiney, 31-year-old from upstate New York (and yeah, I’m talking about AOC who went to school upstate) or is it because Bernie Sanders thought it was a good idea?  You know I could literally smack myself for ever buying Bernie’s bs. 5 years ago, but I will defend it by saying, he reminded me of my late dad, but I digress Bernie’s another issue for another time.  Right now, I’m really mad that a man who used to be known as Senator ‘Credit Card’ is preaching to people about climate change without any kind of transition plan. 

Let me put it to you this way- what the hell he’s putting forward is guaranteed to cost you and me, the regular working man and woman millions.  What do all these big plans mean?  Does this mean that small-town America’s heat bills will go up?  What does environmental justice mean anyway?  Who are the democrats to say that just because you’re a person of color your life is more valuable than the small town that has ½ their population destroyed because of their water being ruined by Halliburton?  Are you kidding me?  Are you freaking kidding me?

Biden’s going down the same path that I thought he’d go on.  He’s throwing out a bunch of pandering remarks to people who are going to lose their jobs because they lost because they had the misfortune to work in fossil fuels.  Who are you people kidding?  We have a wonderful opportunity to really make a difference in terms of the environment but oh no- we’re going to wipe everything away- shit all-over small-town America and pander to a population that:

A.   Doesn’t donate to environmental causes

B.    Doesn’t work in community gardens

C.    Has litter all over their neighborhood.

Hey, does that sound racist?  Absolutely.  There are good people in the inner cities- moms and dads who do whatever they can to make a difference in their lives but I’m getting a little tired of hearing the terms ‘environmental justice,’ ‘equity,’ ‘equality,’ and ‘racism’ when it comes to the environment.  EVERYONE deserves to have clean air and water.  Rare animals and birds DESERVE to be protected.  Environmentalism isn’t a class warfare game.  It’s something that could really bring a lot of good people together on all sides.  Oh, funny thing about Biden and that hypocrite, John Kerry for all their backpatting I don’t see them talking to Ralph Nader about any of this, do you?

And isn’t he the dude who made Earth Day popular?  Well, he did more for the environment than these 2 with legislation and bringing people together.  All I can do with Biden and Kerry is give them the middle finger.

Comments

Popular Posts