The Lost Opportunity of Generation-X

 

         As I stated yesterday, Generation-X has a huge problem, and the death of Eddie Van Halen proves it.  Why?  Well, indulge me…

          Generation-X is what you call the forgotten ones and to be perfectly honest, it seems like no one gives a damn.  Generation-X because of the time was supposed to bring a bluntness to society that people really needed.  However, I think that that disappeared because of the advent of the cell phone.

          So, the question remains, how can Generation-X fix itself?  Does it really want to?  Or does it even care?

          Much to my disappointment, it seems like that they don’t want to.  How in the hell could this even happen?  I’m still shocked.  I cannot understand why people are content to make a cell phone the center of their lives and please don’t tell me that this doesn’t happen.  Cell phone control is one of the main reasons America is in such sad shape today.  People, when I was growing up, let me tell you what being a member of Generation-X meant:

          It meant creativity.

          It meant a love for sports and the outdoors.

          It meant a love for socializing.

          It meant a love of heavy metal music and it also meant honesty.

          Generation-X was supposed to be the most honest group that was ready to change the world.  Generation-X, at one time, had an air of being unstoppable.  Many times, you could credit the heavy metal music for giving Gen-X the feeling that they could change the world.

          Then came the invention of the cellphone and Generation-X vanished.  They started to blend in with the crowd.  The characteristics that made the entire group special vanished.  The cellphone became the center of the world and that’s when the Twitter generation rose to prominence (like the Squad) and people, let me tell you something, the Squad is all about ‘the squad’ and conning you over Twitter.

          With a few exceptions, like myself, it seems like Generation-X ranks up there as one of the disappointments in history.  Gen-X had every ability to take over, but they sold out for the love of their cellphone.

Comments

Popular Posts