The Selfishness of Protesters

 

          Let’s get something straight…

          I don’t believe in the sanctimony of these so-called ‘protesters.’  I don’t believe in their motivations and I don’t believe in this idea they’re doing it for the greater good.  Do you know why?  Well, the reasons are simple.

          One of my jobs involves being outdoors a lot.  From casual observations, here’s what I noticed in the summer of Covid-19.  People don’t go outside anymore.  They don’t hangout on their porches.  Granted some of them do but not as much as they used to.  Kids don’t play outside the way that they used to.  There are no neighborhood baseball or football games.  You don’t see kids in the neighborhood running around with friends who came to visit and, to put it bluntly, there is no noise.  There are no sounds of fun coming from this neighborhood.  I’m also 99% sure my neighborhood isn’t alone.  Let’s move on to why else I don’t believe in the sincerity of these ‘protesters…’

          Since Covid-19 has cut any fun from the summer, you would think that others would take the time to help improve the neighborhood.  Littering is up and there is no interest in the community garden.  Sure, a couple joined me in doing some plots, but their interest seemed minimal, which brings me to my overall point.

          This spell of activism in this country is a farce.  It’s a fad.  It’s something to do besides that it gives a chance for people to get free stuff in terms of looting.  Being a so-called activist also gives a lot of people privilege and they know it.  They’ve gotten away with theft, destruction, harassment, assaults and in some cases murder.  People are on an activist kick because many are just looking out for themselves.  These so-called protesters don’t give a damn about BLM.  Hell, BLM doesn’t care about their own cause- money and self-interest is behind this rioting and it’s a damn shame that the democratic party embraces them instead of people like me and my family.

Comments

Popular Posts