A Word on Jamaal Bowman


          Eliot Engel was defeated.  That’s a good thing.  Here’s hoping Jamaal Bowman turns into a good representative for his district.  I sincerely mean that however-
          The ties to my favorite (AOC) are already surfacing.  He’s in the Squad now, claims some stories.  I had to roll my eyes when I saw that because the guy hasn’t been sworn in yet and I find it disturbing that he doesn’t want to be his own man but hey whatever.
          That’s just it- isn’t it- whatever.
          Eliot Engel should’ve been out of Congress years ago but don’t celebrate this victory by Jamaal Bowman too much.  You just traded one lifetime politician in for another.  Here’s the problem people and I’m surprised many of you still haven’t gotten this yet- for all of the AOC statements about change I notice that she isn’t saying anything about term limits.  I also see Mr. Bowman isn’t either.  Who are any of you kidding- all of you can celebrate this as such a great moment in politics but all of them AOC, Bowman, Tlaib, etc are guaranteed to be in Congress for the next 30 years.  When you trade a lifetime politician in for a fresh face without the idea of term limits you just bought in a different version of Eliot Engel, who will, probably, do nothing to make your life better. 

Comments

Popular Posts