A Word On Gretchen Whitmer


Everybody loves Gretchen Whitmer. She is the new democratic darling and possibly one of the most annoying individuals in the United States.
*Gasp*
Okay, maybe I am being harsh. I do not envy anyone who has to govern a state during a pandemic. You must make a lot of tough calls and you have a nut in the White House making your life miserable. I do not envy Gretchen Whitmer, but I will tell you what- she is basking in this spotlight. So, what is my problem with this woman?
Consider the protests in Michigan yesterday. Everyone is getting hyper and screaming ‘STUPID TRUMP SUPPORTERS,’ at every opportunity when asked to comment about the whole thing. Here is what I do not understand about protests in America- everyone goes on and on about Women’s March and climate marches but when it comes to protesting the new democratic darling everybody has a temper tantrum. Now, these protests, had bad optics but I get where the people are coming from. The MAGA hats did not help but then again, I go back to the heralded climate marches- you either respect a person’s right to protest or you don’t.
But let us get back to Gretchen Whitmer.
This woman does not interest me. She is a typical politician but even in Western PA I can see what she is doing- she is not looking out for her ‘entire state’ but pandering to areas such as Detroit. Giving priorities to Detroit is not a bad thing. Detroit is a city that I would love to see rebound but if you are a governor, you must consider the feelings of others besides Detroit. In my opinion, she could have compromised with a lot of these people but her ‘lockdown’ is not so much for the good of Michigan, but it is about furthering her political career. Gretchen Whitmer is pretty much concerned with one person- herself. She’s a typical politician but here’s a word of warning:
Joe Biden if you pick her to be your vice-president, you are in big trouble.

Comments

Popular Posts