The Youth Didn't Come For Bernie


          So, where was it Twitter?  Where was Bernie’s youth vote on Super Tuesday?

          *Crickets*

          Dating back to 2016, when I tweeted a lot about Bernie, all I heard about was that the ‘youth vote’ was going to take over every single election.  The ‘youth vote’ would carry progressives though.  That same line has been running for a long time- especially with the rise (gag) of my favorite, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.  AOC seemed gleeful in slamming on every slamming people over 40 and I warned you.  I warned every single one of you in past tweeting that you can’t go through America slamming older voters and not expect this to bite you in the ass.  I warned a lot of you that you can’t rely completely on the ‘youth’ vote but no one listened.

          So, give me an answer people.  What happened to Bernie’s youth vote?

          I get the bitterness.  More and more I can see why people don’t vote.  Sure, the excuses are there voter suppression, this, that, blah-blah but people let me let you in on a little secret- as a Gen-Xer I didn’t vote enough in my 20s either.  It’s a fact of life.  Back to my original point, I get it though people- I get why you don’t vote.  The superdelegates, the apparent biasness of the media, the shrugging of the shoulders that a regular person doesn’t have a chance in getting into politics.  It really stinks but I get it.

          To be honest, I don’t know if voter turnout can go up anytime soon.  With the apparent love of Biden, I there will be more bitterness which will lead to more indifference.  The youth vote will not save us people and I think with this Biden hijacking it’s just a further sign that really good candidates for political office are out of reach.

Comments

Popular Posts