Let's Talk About Bloomberg

Now, if you became acquainted with me on Twitter you know I'm big on Ralph Nader.  I've written about it earlier in the year as well, I always wish I would've listened to my late dad about Nader but I digress.  Unlike a lot of Sanders supporters, I don't think that Ralph Nader's perfect and the fact that he (months ago) endorsed a Michael Bloomberg run for the presidency had me scratching my head and rolling my eyes.  Now, we have Michael Bloomberg entering the presidential race.

To tell you the truth, I'm amused.  I'm extremely amused.

Michael Bloomberg is a pompous, union-hating, charter school loving, old man that does have the mouth to take on Trump.  He might be the only one with Sanders being a close second.  Bernie, lately, is hard to call in that department.  A couple of years ago I would've said that a Bernie/Trump debate would've been pay-per-view but Bloomberg would actually be more entertaining.  It's hard to tell though how much ground he would actually make up at this point.  However, I would love to see how he campaigns and this is why.

As of right now, I've been extremely disappointed in the Sanders campaign.  He doesn't seem to have an interest in Pennsylvania or even Ohio.  I always held to the fact that if Sanders campaigned hard in Western Pennsylvania and went to cities and towns national politicians had no interest in he'd gain a lot of ground and have a legitimate chance to be the next president.  You can like or hate Trump but you can't deny he pays special attention to PA and Ohio and it'll be really interesting to see if Bloomberg follows the example.  Consider this as well-

Contrary to the climate change groupies and the Bernie club, Bernie Sanders does have a fossil fuel problem.  A fracking plant that is going to open in Beaver County, PA won't close because he chants Green New Deal with a 30-year-old big mouth.  It could be the reason why he's been avoiding the area, he doesn't have the guts to come here.  Now, Bloomberg, as everyone knows has a focus on climate change- does he have the guts to come to this area?  Time will tell- he's a billionaire with nothing to lose and it should be very interesting to see in the coming weeks.

In the meantime Bernie fans and AOC groupies, here's your tissues.  Bernie isn't guaranteed the NY primary now.  Trust me I have insight, your heroine isn't that well-loved in mid-town Manhattan and all of you who rage against those Baby Boomers might be in for a rude awakening next year with Bloomberg's entrance into the race.

Comments

Popular Posts