Don't Think For Yourself: It'll Get You In Trouble

First off, yeah I haven't blogged as regularly as I should have.  That'll change- I blame my cigarette-style Twitter addiction of flapping off my mouth.

Second of all, I'm coming up with a blog idea of  forgotten causes.  Feel free to throw some input in if you like.  Social media has made us a fickle society and this is an important issue to address.

Finally, to the point, let's talk about free-thinking.

You can't have your own opinion anymore.  Did you notice that?  Sure you have.  If you criticize Sanders, that means you love Biden. If you hate on Warren that means you hate women.  If you slam AOC- God help you, you get temper tantrums, lectures, finger waving and a lot of whining.  Okay people- if you're going to whine at me about various things I'll whine about misconceptions about there that social media, specifically Twitter, has bought to the forefront.

First, all white churches are prejudiced and think Jesus was a white man with blue eyes.  Uhhuh sure, right, whatever.  I am Generation-X and my 90-year-old mother still goes to the same church that I grew-up with and THAT IDEA WAS NEVER PROMOTED THERE.  The fact that seems to be the new jump-on trend on social media disgusts me and yeah I'm sure there are plenty of churches that do but please people get a clue- all of you should know better than this.

Secondly, and this one keeps snowballing- all small towns are racists.  Oh, really?  Is that right?  Let me ask all of you a question- did anyone ever stop and think that for the time that many minorities preferred bigger towns or cities because of work, their families or because they just LIKED LIVING THERE.  I grew-up in a small-town and to tell you the truth, I wish there would've been some blacks in my graduation class they probably would've been a hell of a lot nicer than some of the people I graduated with.

Third, do you know what else bugs me- it's the fact that you can't criticize Bernie Sanders.  People, I have news for you- Bernie isn't Ralph Nader- he's a watered down version but THAT'S IT.  Sure, I'd vote for him again but on a lot of issues Bernie is very weak.

Fourth, let's talk movies shall we?  Everyone's in a tizzy because of the new Ariel.  Okay fine, here's my view- I don't like live versions of animated cartoons. I didn't like the Flintstones, the 101 Dalmatians was dumb and I think it's stupid to make a live version of this.  If you don't like the Ariel choice- fine-  YOU ARE ALLOWED NOT TO LIKE IT but respect the people who do.  The idea that people are calling others racist because they are complaining is stupid.  Twitter has a really nasty habit of lumping people all in the same category.

Fifth, let's talk Nancy Pelosi, shall we?  Let's talk about how all of this fine, new progressive class couldn't wait to vote her into leadership to gain powerful committee spots, now they all whine abouut her.  Why is it that the people who voted her in can't be called out for putting her in the position in the first place.

Sixth, let's talk environment.  Spare me the Green New Deal b.s. you have bourbon in the Kentucky River and I see no concern from any presidential candidate, no concern from that Rachel Carson wannabe AOC and a collective shrugging of the shoulders from most all together.  I don't like what the democrats have done to the environmental cause all together they've turned it into a racist issue and I hate to burst your illusion bubble people- IT HITS HOME WITH EVERYBODY.  Want the proof?  Not to long ago I saw a tweet about a plant exploding in Philadelphia causing environmental problems but no mention of the one in Clairton from Representative Ocasio-Cortez.  The area was probably too white for her to even care abouut but then again I doubt she could find it on a map.

Finally, let's talk millennials with the 'CLIMATE CHANGE IS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT' but ours persecution complex.  I hate to inform all of you but we're all GUILTY and let me remind millenials again I'm Gen-X and it wasn't my age group that did in retail shopping, sending Amazon to power, that put more trucks on the road, that went crazy with the takeout food, nope- sorry- carry some responsibility or go pick up some litter in your free time.

You want free-thinking?  Come back and visit.  If you want a clique- go to Twitter 24/7. The cult-like atmosphere is really sickening on there lately but remember the point of this whole blog...

You are allowed to have another opinion other than the Twitter one.

Comments

Popular Posts