Bernie Sanders Part 2

So, Bernie's in and that's a good thing.

Is it?

On the surface, sure, absolutely.  For one, the field now can give a person nightmares.  Kamala's fake progressive attitude reminds me of how Gore acted when he was terrified of Ralph Nader in 2000. Cory Booker's incessant lecturing can give a person a headache. Warren can't be trusted for the obvious reasons. Even if Gillibrand didn't run Franken out of the Senate, there's no way I'd vote for Hillary reborn. Klobachar- forget it, there's no personality there and as for Tulsi, I like her a lot but realistically she doesn't have a chance.

Bernie running is a good thing but-

Uh-oh...

First of all, let me say this. I hope I'm wrong about all of this. I truly do.  The field of democrats, as stated is uninspiring and won't change anything in Washington. The democrats are nothing but a bunch of pandering fools who really don't have the interest of the people at heart.  With all of that being said...

I don't think Bernie is the same as he was in 2016. He's looking for something that doesn't exist anymore.  While what he said did indeed give a lot of people hope he is unfortunately as Chris Hedges has said many, many times, 'a part of the establishment."  Why- well consider this...

This country, like all countries, has a lot of problems that both parties like to gloss over.  For one thing, you have a senior citizen population worried about Medicare and Social Security.  All waterways from swamps to lakes to oceans are a mess.  Much of the land in PA is sinking due to mining. A lot of people are getting cancer because of antiquated power plants and fracking. The homeless population is heartbreaking and the fact that kids go to bed hungry in the country in 2019 is downright disgusting.  So, what does this all mean?

The very first article I see about Bernie is how he'll talk about racial and gender equality.  While, on surface, that sounds really good but how is he going to be different than any of these democrats now?  Will he #MeToo everyone? Will he call every rural American town racist like his buddies?  Who knows- like I said I hope my fears are groundless but this doesn't sound like the Ralph Nader-like Bernie of 2016, it sounds like a guy who completely got swallowed by the establishment.

Chris Hedges and Ralph Nader were 100% correct about you Senator Sanders but I do wish you a lot of luck.  However, again-

I don't think you're going to be any different than what we're hearing now.

Oh, Bernie, one more thing.  I remember everyone ranting in 2016 that there is 'no way Elizabeth Warren won't support you' but she turned around and went full HRC. So, I wouldn't be to pumped about AOC, Bernie. I think she's only concerned about one thing. What? I'll give you a clue...

It begins with an h and ends with an f.

Comments

  1. Indeed on Bernie still being part of the establishment. Esp. on foreign policy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely.
    Here's his problem-he wants to out Ralph Nader-Ralph Nader while playing a corporate dem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts